Many unpack an artificial mistletoe cluster each year however, many don't know much about it. Here's a few interesting facts about this lovely tradition!
1) The word Mistletoe is a mangled English interpretation of Mistle and Tang, likely taken from the German words meaning Branch dung. The plants are spread by bird droppings and live on branches.
2) Mistletoe grows similarly to some orchids. It grows in the branches of trees and shrubs taking in nutrients from its host plant as well as the air and rain. It's roots do not touch the ground!
3) Berries are poisonous! It's a good reason why it's far more common to see fake berries on mistletoe sprigs.
4) No one really knows the origin of the kissing tradition. The Internet is full of ideas though. Pick one and you have a shot of being at least partially correct!
5) In South Africa, Mistletoe berries were crushed and used as an adhesive. The taste would lure birds to a trap and they would get stuck. (No idea if the birds were pests or dinner.)
Drainage solutions shouldn't look awful. This customer got rid of his ugly plastic splash pad and replaced it with a beautiful concrete feature which seamlessly matches the stonework of the house. A black high-impact drain receives rainwater and discharges it though underground drains to a rain garden. Simple fix, looks fantastic, and surprisingly affordable.
Beautiful gardens and landscapes! Custom-designed urns, conifer gardens will grow to provide privacy for decades, lovely garden without weeds! ;)
Many thanks for an incredible summer. We sincerely appreciate all of the referrals and repeat business and love to come across glowing comments and praise all over the Internet! Our company depends on the continuing positivity. Here's a few quotes from online reviews about our workers and their work: