Check this out! Timberwall Landscape and Masonry in Victoria, MN., has the most incredible Outdoor Fireplace! Timberwall sells high quality stone materials for landscape as well as fireplaces and outdoor patios. Shop here if you're considering a stone patio project or stone landscape.
Timberwall Landscape and Masonry is my "go-to" when I need to find a highly-recommended pro in the Victoria area who are masters of their trade, too. Google results can be easily manipulated and reviews can be faked. Do what I do. Talk with local suppliers like the knowledgeable folks at Timberwall. They know who's good.. and who's really good! #timberwall @timberwall #timberwalllandscape #shoplocal #VictoriaMinnesota @VictoriaMNcity #hardscape
Thank you to Ginger Snaps Back Photography of Minneapolis for capturing these moments in the garden! @gingersnapsbackphotography, @gingersnapsback Our gardening work near Wayzata looks fantastic!
We opened, took precautions, pay cuts, and sacrificed to keep employees safe and working.
Here's how we'll survive the season:
For our customers:
1) Our Company will NOT take Government grants, loans, or hand-outs. These are only for those who desperately need them.
2) Services & Garden installations must be slowed down so employees can stay apart.
3) We are offering 'Time & Materials' for Fine-Gardening service so customers can more closely watch their money.
4) We're open on Saturdays and Sundays through the end of the Stay-Home order for customer phone calls and some Gardening and Landscape remodeling/installation visits.
5) Thankful service. We have many ideas to keep your gardens in shape until we can get back to normal.
6) All Gardening and Landscape employees are using a mask or shield when talking to customers and when working closely together (see photo).
For our employees:
1) Ownership is not taking a salary until business-levels return to 2019 levels.
2) Increased scheduling flexibility during the busy Gardening season to accommodate temporary changes, etc.
3) Increased benefits such as paid lunches (to support restaurants and reduce employee food costs)
4) 'Grow Bucks', our internal rewards program, can be used to purchase gift cards for groceries, gas, and home goods.
5) New employees now accumulate PTO at the maximum rate, immediately, day one. Existing employees already accumulate PTO and are unaffected.
6) We are delaying the purchase of a Gardening vehicle. We will be spending that money on projects around the office/shop to keep employees working if the amount of customer projects decrease.
If you have any other ideas to help our employees or help customers please, share.
Check out our featured article in the Twin Cities Business review!...
Pierson Garden and Landscape: Wizards of ShrubPierson Garden and Landscape Owner, David Pierson
We got to talk to David Pierson of Pierson Garden and Landscape. They’ve been around for 13 years. You can do the math. Some of the most successful businesses were started during recessions, when opportunities are more scarce so people are driven to create their own opportunities.
That’s when David started Pierson Garden and Landscape. He literally started with nothing but a pickup and shovel. And the company has seen tremendous growth in the past five years.
Pierson Garden and Landscape does fine gardening in the Twin Cities. That’s weeding, transplanting of perennials, and splitting. David says there’s a lot of demand for these services that most big landscapers have passed up because they don’t have the capability for these kinds of jobs.
Pierson focuses on smaller projects as larger projects can require larger equipment. They've carved out a niche of smaller projects most landscapers will not touch.
If someone wants just the front of their house done, most bigger landscapers hauling around one ton pickups and bobcats won’t take on the project. But most of the projects PG&L takes on can be completed in one day. The work they do is so popular with clients they hardly need to advertise given their minimal investment in advertising over the years.
David tells us his company loves doing the work. They have a lot of retirees working for them, and college / high school aged kids. And if they have a special talent or interest, he tries to incorporate it into the business to strengthen the company and engage his workers.
Looking forward, Pierson Garden and Landscape is going organic in 2020. Two of their largest customers asked them what they have in organic products for landscaping and gardening. That got the wheels turning, and it’s changing their entire business this year.
Further out, Pierson plans more growth over the next five or ten years. Especially after how the past five years have gone. He sees organic herbicides and automation transforming his business. Peering into the future, David mentioned robotic lawn equipment as a possibility. Increasing his staffing and investing in their knowledge and skill will be critical to advancing the business to this next level.
He says the future is bright and he’s grateful every day for his customers. “They’re the ones who are making it happen.”
Pierson’s vision statement is: “We build long lasting relationships through extraordinary service.” There’s no better way to grow.
Fine Gardening at its finest! They are difficult to see however, three buds are emerging on our aging Fig money tree! After an under-performing year we cut it back significantly, turned on political coverage for background noise, gave it a shot of high-nitrogen fertilizer, then noticed three buds within a short time! The hope is that by pinching off small denominations, larger bills emerge.
$27,000-$38,000 Total Compensation Package!*
Enjoy Winters off ∙ profit sharing ∙ advancement potential ∙
stability and security ∙ fulfilling work ∙ make a difference ∙
possible company vehicle use, Health-insurance stipend + more!
Dependent on experience, work history, employment status (full-time), as well as landscape and business acumen. Compensation comprised of base-pay, bonuses, stipend for personal use, and/or possible additional compensation for up-selling and optional lead generation. Bonuses could include (but are not limited to) apparel, gift card(s), paid meal(s), bonus pay, profit-sharing/bonus incentive, company vehicle usage, etc. This is a direct-hire, W-2 position. Position requires managing of others.
Pierson Garden and Landscape LLC is full of opportunities for career advancement. We do our best to continue to build an environment where you feel important, valued, and safe. Find a stable career path and can be a key part of future success! Make a difference. Matter. If you think you will fit in our environment please, let us know!
Connect with us: email@example.com
or by phone: (612) 251-9910
Pierson Garden and Landscape takes large steps to keep your information safe! Information thieves target small businesses they think are weak or vulnerable! Cybintsolutions.com, an online resource, reports that about half of cyber attacks hit small businesses.
Here's what we do to protect our customers:
1) Emails and texts are highly filtered and used as infrequently as possible.
2) Incoming mail with identifying information is shredded, typically immediately after opening.
3) Checks are deposited same day whenever possible and kept in a secured location until deposited.
4) Customer information is not stored online using high-target sites such as salesforce.com or Constant Contact, for example.
5) We discourage payments by credit card and never allow direct deposit/ACH transfers.